Motor Oil´s enviroment policy, which is strictly followed, is the following : “Protection of the environment is considered by Motor Oi as an essential factor for the realization of a long range, responsible and successful business strategy. Hence, the company implements and improves continuously an Environmental Management System, in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard, applicable to all the activities of its Refinery.
Motor Oil is committed to:
- comply to the Greek and European environmental legislation and regulations in force which are relevant to the operation and products of its Refinery, as well as, to adopt for environmental management issues the approved (international) codes of practice and standards, when necessary
- the continuous effort for minimization of the environmental impacts of its operations and the continual improvement of its environmental performance.
In order to achieve the above stated commitment Motor Oil sets environmental objectives and targets pertaining mainly to:
- the reduction of the consumption of natural resources and energy, improving the use of water, steam and fuels and aiming to fulfill the Refinery needs by self production of the required electrical energy
- the production of environment-friendlier products, regarding the given capabilities
- the prevention of pollution of the environment by using environment-friendly technology, where possible
- the controlled management of air emissions and the continuous monitoring of the quality of the atmosphere
- the promotion of recycling and reuse, as well as, of the effective management of its solid and liquid wastes / by-products
- confrontation of the environmental impacts arising from emergency situations by creating and establishing emergency response plans like the Oil Spill Contingency Plan.
In addition, Motor Oil:
- enforces the communication with its personnel and all external interested parties, including the local community, aiming to establish a creative interchange of information and to create mutual relations of trust
- evaluates itself at regular intervals in order to control its environmental performance and the attainment of objectives and targets which are relevant to the operation of the Refinery.
The active participation of the entire company’s personnel is the determinant factor for the successive implementation of the above policy.”
See the certifications about Environment in the following links: